The playbook has had many critics but i cant see why. All you have to do is delve a little deeper.
I've sideloaded the kindle app and put on hundreds of my favorite books.
I've installed a SNES Emulator.
I've installed a Sega Megadrive Emulator.
I've installed a Gameboy Advance Emulator.
I've installed ScummVM (An old DOS game emulator).
Now I can read my favorite books and play my favorite old school games from Road Rash to Final Fantasy III to Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. With the game emulators I don't need any of the crappy games on the AppWorld. I am genuinely over the moon with my purchase now. I was at first beginning to wonder if it was worth it when scrolling in vain through the AppWorld but now, I wouldn't change it for anything. My fiancee will be lucky to get two words out of me on our honeymoon.
I've also learnt how to convert .apk android apps into .bar playbook apps and sign them. So there is no need to go searching for a converted file when i can just get hold of an easy to find .apk file and convert it myself.
Its not as pick up and play as the iPad but im really happy with my purchase now and i cant wait to get stuck into some oldschool LucasArts magic.
How did you get Grimm Fandango to work?
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I didn't. You need ResidualVM to run Grim Fandango as it uses the GRIMe engine. I was going to try running windows95 through DosBOX then try running it but I've never gotten round to it
ReplyDelete